Monday, December 29, 2008

Tea Farm





Today we went to a tea farm in a town called Limuru. It was so beautiful and fun!! The fields of tea were green and lovely. The owners had 9 sweet dogs too. First, we saw a tea bush that had been grown from a seed. It was older and overgrown, no longer used for making tea. Then, we went inside and had tea and cookies. The owner lady explained the tea-making process and showed us a few different types. It was very interesting. Next, we were guided through a small forest by one of the worker men. We learned a lot in there. The whole place reminded me of a movie. The woods, the animals, the house, the little cottage, it was so cool! He showed us how they pick the tea as well. Afterwards, we ate lunch. Lunch consisted of corn, beef, green beans, carrots, mashed potatoes, and passion fruit juice. It was so good!!

~Anna~


Here are some pictures.



our guide in a tea field



one of the cute dogs




us in front of the owner's house (we ate lunch and had tea inside)

1 comment:

Jack Bolling said...

jambo, and happy new year. the tea farm looks neat. you all are getting to see so much great stuff.

we all missed you so much over Christmas.

one funny story that you missed. I stopped by to drop off some stuff for you all, and while I was there, I let Murphy out for a bit (Jill had no interest). Long story short, he was rolling around on his back, and I leaned over to give him a few nice pats, when, to my surprise, he micturated like a geyser, right in my face and then all over the rest of me when I jumped back.

Is this something that he regularly does? If so, I think he and I may not have the closest relationship.

Love you all very much. Hope you have a safe trip back; can't wait to see you. Thank you for all the presents, we can't wait to try out the hot chocolate maker.